Introduction to Cryptography
- Steve Mann
Steve started by discussing the very basics of Cryptography, a couple of historic ciphers and moved on to modern ciphers. He covered Caesar Cipher, Vigenere Cipher and tried to break them. He then moved on to One Time Pads and basics of a few more block ciphers.
Write a book and live forever
- Mala Gupta
Mala Gupta, author of multiple books with Manning Publications, took the audience through the book writing journey.
Her experiences helped the attendees define how to navigate through various stages - starting from how to validate your idea, to drafting a book proposal, promoting your book, to handling printing errors and much more. As an insider, she revealed the secrets of the book writing process and the publishing industry.
If you were not ready to take a dip as an author, her session also touched upon other roles one could choose in creating a compelling book - like reviewer, proofreader, editor, illustrator and more. Take-Aways from the workshop -
- Familiarize yourself with stages of book writing - drafts, reviews, and production.
- Know, how to get involved with a book as an author, technical reviewer or a proofreader.
- Know the perks and hardships of book writing.
- Understand how to write a book proposal.
- Discover ways to approach a publisher.
- Tips for being chosen by a publisher.
- Know how to promote your books.
- Be able to define a plan to write your book.